Our Covid-19 Response
At Independent Whitewater, the safety of our guests and staff has always been a top priority and that remains true today. Alongside the rest of our community, we’ve implemented operational changes to better protect our guests and assure we’re implementing strict safety and sanitation protocols accordingly. Our team at Independent Whitewater is committed to working closely with the State Governor’s Office as well as local and regional health officials to combat the spread of Covid-19.
Since the beginning, we’ve always differentiated our rafting operation by offering fewer boats and smaller trip sizes. This allows our guides and extended team to provide an elevated level of customer service and it’s always worked best for us and our rafters. In light of Covid-19, we plan on continuing to book in this fashion as it offers more space, less worry, and more fun for our rafters. We’re also making it easier to book private rafts by offering discounted rates throughout the season. Furthermore, we’re fortunate to operate in Salida, the heart of the Rockies, where our guests have ample outdoor spaces to explore and enjoy. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team for any specific questions relating to your upcoming trip.
What to Expect On-Site
- Increased sanitation procedures property-wide
- We will continue to limit trip sizes, including both rafting and transportation
- We strongly recommend booking private groups within your “pod”, family, or living partners
- Disinfectant wipes, masks, and sanitizer available to guests
- Complicit with all regional mask mandates
- We are closely following guidelines set by Colorado Transportation agencies.
- Learn more about the Independent Difference below.
Exploring Colorado with
Kindness and Care
As you visit Salida and the great state of Colorado, we encourage you to embrace our new interpretation of responsible tourism — showing care not only for our destinations but for our visitors and the people who call Colorado home. For more regional information relating to traveling responsibly and how Covid is affecting our area, visit the Salida Chamber online below.
You’ve probably heard it already, but if you feel sick or under the weather, please stay home! This is a great way to prevent the spread of Covid-19, and it protects our staff, fellow guests, and community.
Stress-Free & Worry-Free Booking
Rafting is all about getting out and enjoying the great outdoors… which should be a relaxing experience, right? We believe this to be true, and are excited to introduce our “Stress-Free & Worry-Free” cancellation policy, making booking your trip even easier.
- Cancellations at least one full week before your trip gets a full refund.
- Cancellations between one week and 48 hours before your trip qualifies for a refund minus a 20% booking fee.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of your trip forfeits any refund.
Book Your Trip
There’s no doubt that 2020 was a challenging year for many. In 2021, we’re as excited as ever to offer a safe connection to the great outdoors for you, your family, and friends. We’re committed to the safety of our guests, and look forward to hosting you this season while making lasting memories on the beautiful Arkansas River!